Adam and Phil arrived Saturday evening from Detroit. Sean and Phil poured a round of drinks (Moscow Mules and rye on the rocks), and we set to work over the topographical map of northeastern Isle Royale. We hit upon an ambitious but achievable hiking route:
- Day One: Rock Harbor to Lane Cove, 6.9 miles
- Day Two: Lane Cove to East Chickenbone Lake, 10.9 miles
- Day Three: East Chickenbone to Lake Richie, 5 miles
- Day Four: Lake Richie to Daisy Farm, 5.8 miles
- Day Five: Daisy Farm to Rock Harbor, 7.1 miles
Afterward, we sorted meals, took a clipper to my longish hair, and went to bed.